Thursday, November 11, 2004

So, whatdya think?

I have only had this blog for less than an hour, but I am already beginning to enjoy it. It feels kind of like a journal, yet one that any random person can see! :)

I finally finished my homework for the day. To be completely honest, I have already begun to count down the days to graduation. Only one year, 5 months, and about 4 days to go! Pathetic, isn't it?! I guess that's what happens when you don't take a break in between schools!

My assignment today was looking at Paul's writings to the Galatians. We had to write a discussion paper on the topic of inclusivity. I had not realized what a hot topic this is in the church and how many different areas it covers. In the beginning I struggled to identify what areas I should discuss. It finally came down to highlighting the topics of: women, homosexuals, and children. I then went on to focus on using gender neutral terms when talking about God and humankind. It was difficult not to get too deep into my opinions on the topics. Although I am not quite certain about how I feel on some of these issues, others I get very fired up about!

Tomorrow I go back to the hospital to do my on-call time. In some ways I am looking forward to it, in other ways I am completely dreading it! This week it has been very hard to do anything. I am completely dragging and have had a headache almost this entire week! Maybe this falls back into the category of burn-out. Who knows! I think once I get there, however, I will enjoy it. For the most part, I run on adrenaline the entire time. Around 2:30am I begin to crash and have to eat something and have some caffeine. This tends to get the adrenaline pumping again!

Well, I think I will go and let all of you know this is here! Let me know what you think. If you believe it to be a waste of time, let me know! That doesn't necessarily mean I will get rid of it, but the feedback always helps!


1 Comments:

At November 14, 2004 at 3:51 PM, Blogger Triscuit said...

Aha! I had to sign up for an account here in order to leave you a comment. Boo. After an hour of customizing and playing around with the features...yay, another journal thingy I'll never use, haha.

Anyways! I'm glad to hear you're still alive and all that. I've got a new cell phone number. Maybe I'll surprise you with a call one of these days. ;)

Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home