Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Long time no see!

Sorry for not blogging in a while. Life has been chaos lately!

Sometimes I wonder what ever possessed me to continue on with school. I could easily have found a good church job with decent pay. My mind always goes in this direction during finals. I feel so tired of school I could scream!

As many of you know, I was never big on academics. I remember fighting with my mother about my grades just about every school year once I hit 7th grade. I hated school, some say because I was lazy, but in reality I think it was because I just never felt I was good at it. In some ways I still feel this way. Although my GPA has improved every year, I still lack much of the confidence that is needed to find the academic life enjoyable.

I think another reason I am feeling the burn-out is because I just want to start doing what I am studying for! Although I am currently doing chaplaincy part-time, it is hard to enjoy it when you are worrying about getting school work done, church work, and giving the patients the care they need. I don't like juggling so many things all at once. I would much rather just be doing one or two!

I know I know, I really should not be complaining. My life has been amazing and I feel blessed to have found my call already, because many have not. It is just very overwhelming to have so many things going on at once! For example, today I was sitting down to work on my paper and before I got started, I found out a patient I had been working with for about a month passed away. It is very difficult to go from finding out that kind of news to jumping right into a paper on Thomas Fliedner. I think I need find some way to help myself do this. Even when I am out of school, I will still have to learn how to go from chaplain life to home life. If anyone has any ideas on how to do this, let me know!

Hope your all doing great. If you are still checking this, please respond in the comment section. I would love to know if anyone is reading this!



1 Comments:

At January 8, 2005 at 3:54 PM, Blogger Aunt Laurie said...

Of course I'm still reading it! Just not right away it seems! Love you honey! Hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home